FLXON offers a full line of doctor blades perfectly suited to help Flexo Corrugated printers. Our high performance materials from SWED/CUT® are designed to eliminate defects, reduce downtime, and boost your pressroom’s performance.
Eliminate Print Defects
Protect Anilox Investment
Boost Corrosion Resistance
Extended Doctor Blade Life
Diminish Damaging Debris
Eliminate Mid-run Press Stops
Fewer Customer Complaints
Reduce Anilox Wear
No Break-in Time
We always begin our relationships with printers by learning what improvement opportunities exist within your pressroom. By working together our knowledgeable team will help you determine the best course of action to eliminate print defects, reduce downtime, increase speeds, slow cylinder wear and lower cost-of-goods sold to achieve a higher gross margin.
- Two distinctive classes of recommended materials in various dimensions, MICRONOX® and M-FLEX® Plus.
- For corrugated printers, we typically recommend a .010” blade with a 2 bevel tip, however sometimes we find that some doctor blade chambers require a thinner blade to overcome alignment issues.
- SWED/CUT® doctor blades are available in a variety of edge profiles according to your applications and needs.
Steel vs. Plastic Doctor Blades
The benefit steel has over all forms of plastic doctor blades is it’s rigidity relative to thinness. Steel allows for a very fine tip of less than .003” to meter ink while still resisting flex. If a blade is flexing then it stops metering tightly and increases wear.
High performance grades of steel like SWED/CUT® have the ability to wear slowly and evenly so that the tip remains consistent and smooth, providing optimal metering. Plastic blades tend to wear quicker and newer generations of plastic blades have brittle tips that break and wear unevenly.
Consistent Clean Metering
The two above issues play into a steel blade’s ability to consistently meter ink thus reducing print defects associated with dot gain and excessive ink transferring from the anilox to the plate.
Corrugated Pressroom Solutions
FLXON provides innovative products and services with our line of G2 ProProducts® tailored to meet the needs of your specific corrugated print and coating applications. We use a consultative approach to help printers – with an emphasis on print efficiency through advanced technology, focused engagement, concentration on quality and sustainability, and being a trusted advisor to North American printers in the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
Dual-head persitaltic ink pump for flexo narrow web, flexo wide web, rotogravure, corrugated, and coating printing applications with a reputation for accuracy, reliability, and simplicity - achieves an easy ROI.
- No more pump rebuilds
- Quiet operation
- Consumes less air volume compared to diaphragm pumps
- Only wear occurs with tubing
- Job change time reduces to minutes
- Lowers pressure in chambers
- Reduces ink foaming
G2 Qube® Ink Filter
Most effective on-press filter system on the market featuring high quality innovative design and performance.
- 6x the filter surface than others
- Eliminates fine damaging debris
- Expedites and simplifies bag changes
- Extends life of blades and end seals
- Can filter debris down to 50μ
Most popular end seals on the market manufactured with superior materials in an exclusive process.
- Provides up to 5x longer life
- Maximizes sealing properties
- Minimizes excessive pressure
- Available for all press OEMs
- Variety of materials and combinations
SAFETY + FIRST® Doctor Blade Gloves
Designed specifically for press operators to safely handle doctor blades in flexographic and rotogravure pressrooms.
- Protects hands from harsh solvents
- ANSI L3 rated cut resistance
- 13 Gauge Dura-weave Fabric
- Blue Nitrile chemical resistant coating
- Black textured Nitrile for improved grip