SWED/CUT MFLEX® PLUS Doctor Blade
M-FLEX® Plus is our most wear resistant, non-coated, ultra-refined carbon steel that maintains precise metering of water and solvent inks or coarse coatings. It is reported to maintain precise metering for ink and coating applications many times longer than other non-coated blades and some coated blades.
M-FLEX® Plus is ideal for use in HIGH SPEED HD FLEXO environments including Expanded Color Gamut providing precise metering for all print types including high screen print. It has been proven to help prevent back doctoring and significantly lowers anilox wear and scoring. It is safe for use on high line count anilox at very high speeds.
- Process: HD Flexo, Gravure, and Coating
- Industry Segments: Wide Web and Narrow Web
- Coatings & Lamination
- UV Inks & UV Varnish
- Tight Tolerances
- Long Tapered Bevel
- Enhanced Micro-carbides
- Small, Denser, Even Carbide Distribution
- More Stable Fine Tip
- Slower Even Wear
- No Break-in Time
- Easily Handles High Speeds
- Prevents Dirty Print & Dot Gain on Longer Runs
- Significantly Less Wearing to Anilox, Cylinder & Coating Rolls
To Standard Strip Steel
- Carbon Single-Sourced Steel
- Carbide Sizes: +10 times smaller
- Carbides/mm∧2: +10 times more
- Friction Level: 10 times lower
- Corrosion Resistance: X
- Life: XXXX
Available Blade Edge Profiles
The M-FLEX® PLUS doctor blade is available in the following blade edge profiles.
Compared to standard strip steel, the M-FLEX® PLUS doctor blade’s microstructure is defined by it’s small and evenly distributed carbide particulate which assures slow and even edge wear, low friction, and smooth ink film formation. For you that means a higher quality doctor blade that reduces the likelihood of common print defects, reduces wear to your anilox rolls or cylinders, and allows you to run your blades longer.