SWED/CUT MICROKOTE® II Doctor Blade
MICROKOTE® II is our most popular ink repellent coating with the highest corrosion resistance of our alloyed based steel to achieve an amazing result in specialized coatings and ink applications. Significant defect reduction is reported when running UV, vinyl inks, or harsh coatings – 300% increase in life is also reported. MICROKOTE® II achieves great results for rotogravure and coating applications. It precisely meters for overall coatings and fine screens. You can expect superior results for flexible packaging, shrink sleeves, pharmaceutical packaging, tobacco, specialty inks, tints, and coatings.
- Process: Flexo, Gravure, and Coating
- Industry Segments: Wide Web and Narrow Web
- Coatings & Lamination
- Low Friction Coating
- Ink Repellent
- Tight Tolerances
- Micro-refined Stainless Base Steel
- Smaller Denser, Even Carbide Distribution
- Prevents Particulate Sticking
- Slower Even Wear
- Defect Prevention
- Reduced Cylinder Wear
- No Break-in Time
- Longer Wearing
- Precise Metering of Specialized Inks & Coatings
We offer a full range of sizes specially designed to meet the needs of your pressroom. Contact a FLXON representative to learn more.
To Standard Steel
- Coated Single-Sourced Steel
- Carbide Sizes: +6 times smaller
- Carbides/mm∧2: 7.5 times more
- Friction Level: 5 times lower
- Corrosion Resistance: XXXX
- Life: XXXX
Available Blade Edge Profiles
The MICROKOTE® II doctor blade is available in the following blade edge profiles.
Compared to standard strip steel, the MICROKOTE® II doctor blade’s microstructure is defined by it’s small and evenly distributed carbide particulate which assures slow and even edge wear, low friction, and smooth ink film formation. For you that means a higher quality doctor blade that reduces the likelihood of common print defects, reduces wear to your cylinders, and allows you to run your blades longer.