SWED/CUT MICRONOX® II Doctor Blade
MICRONOX® II is our enhanced corrosion resistant alloyed chemistry blade material ideal for more wear resistance in situations with longer running printing and coating applications. It consistently and precisely meters white inks and other coarse structured inks and coatings.
MICRONOX® II is ideal for precise metering of abrasive water and solvent based inks in longer runs requiring precise metering for solids, line work, screens, vignettes, general process printing on envelope, carton, wide web flexible, kraft bags, hot and cold sealing, adhesives, and litho-offset varnish.
- Process: Flexo, Gravure, and Coating
- Industry Segments: Wide Web
- Coatings & Lamination
- Tight Tolerances
- Corrosion Resistance for Longer Runs
- Smaller, Denser, Even Carbide Distribution
- Longer Running on Abrasive Inks/Coatings
- Slower Even Wear
- No Break-in Time
- Even Metering Side-to-Side
- Less Wearing to Anilox or Cylinder Rolls
- Tolerates High pH Environments
We offer a full range of sizes specially designed to meet the needs of your pressroom. Contact a FLXON representative to learn more.
To Standard Strip Steel
- Alloy Stainless Single-Sourced Steel
- Carbide Sizes: 6 times smaller
- Carbides/mm∧2: 7.5 times more
- Friction Level: 3 times lower
- Corrosion Resistance: XX
- Life: XXX
Available Blade Edge Profiles
The MICRONOX® II doctor blade is available in the following blade edge profiles.
Compared to standard strip steel, the MICRONOX® II doctor blade’s microstructure is defined by it’s small and evenly distributed carbide particulate which assures slow and even edge wear, low friction, and smooth ink film formation. For you that means a higher quality doctor blade that reduces the likelihood of common print defects, reduces wear to your anilox rolls or cylinders, and allows you to run your blades longer.