SWED/CUT MICRONOX® I Doctor Blade
MICRONOX® I is our most corrosion resistant alloyed chemistry blade material ideal for high pH environments, situations with basic short to mid-lenth runs, scheduled blade changes, and printing and coating applications where consistent precise metering is a requirement. Its stainless steel compositon and compact microstructure ensures even and uniform wear.
MICRONOX® I is ideal for precise metering of water and solvent based inks for solids, line work, screens, vignettes, envelope, carton, wide web flexible, multi-wall bags, kraft bags, and general process.
- Process: Flexo, Gravure, and Coating
- Industry Segments: Wide Web & Narrow Web
- Coatings & Lamination
- Tight Tolerances
- Highest Level of Corrosion Resistance
- Smaller, Denser, Even Carbide Distribution
- Longer Lasting
- Slow Even Wear
- No Break-in Time
- Even Metering Side-to-Side
- Less Wearing to Anilox or Cylinde Rolls
- Tolerates High pH Environments
To Standard Strip Steel
- Alloy Stainless Single-Sourced Steel
- Carbide Sizes: 6 times smaller
- Carbides/mm∧2: 7.5 times more
- Friction Level: 3 times lower
- Corrosion Resistance: XXX
- Life: XX
Available Blade Edge Profiles
The MICRONOX® I doctor blade is available in the following blade edge profiles.
Compared to standard strip steel, the MICRONOX® I doctor blade’s microstructure is defined by it’s small and evenly distributed carbide particulate which assures slow and even edge wear, low friction, and smooth ink film formation. For you that means a higher quality doctor blade that reduces the likelihood of common print defects, reduces wear to your anilox rolls or cylinders, and allows you to run your blades longer.