SWED/CUT MICROKOTE® X Doctor Blade
MICROKOTE® X combines our most popular ink repellent coating with the extreme wear resistance of our alloyed base M-FLEX® Plus steel to achieve extended life in long run applications. A significant print defect reduction is reported even when running specialized inks and coatings. MICROKOTE® X achieves great results for rotogravure coating and some challenging print applications. It precisely meters for overall coatings and fine screens. You can expect superior results for specialty inks, tints, coatings, lamination, and adhesives.
- Process: Flexo, Gravure, Coating
- Industry Segments: Wide Web & Narrow Web
- Coatings & Lamination
- Low Friction Coating
- Ink Repellent
- Tight Tolerances
- Super-refined Micro Carbide Steel
- Smaller, Denser, Even Carbide Distribution
- Prevents Particulate Sticking
- Slower Even Wear
- Tolerates Very High Speeds
- Reduced Cylinder Wear
- No Break-in Time
- Longer Wearing
- Precise Metering of Specialized Inks & Coatings
To Standard Steel
- Coated Single-Sourced Steel
- Carbide Sizes: +10 times smaller
- Carbides/mm∧2: +10 times more
- Friction Level: 10 times lower
- Corrosion Resistance: XXXX
- Life: XXX
We offer a full range of sizes specially designed to meet the needs of your pressroom. Contact a FLXON representative to learn more.
Available Blade Edge Profiles
The MICROKOTE® X doctor blade is available in the following blade edge profiles.
Compared to standard strip steel, the MICROKOTE® X doctor blade’s microstructure is defined by it’s small and evenly distributed carbide particulate which assures slow and even edge wear, low friction, and smooth ink film formation. For you that means a higher quality doctor blade that reduces the likelihood of common print defects, reduces wear to your cylinders, and allows you to run your blades longer.